Rankingblogs.com: Defining your blogs worth..

shoes in the city

the story of the trials, tribulations and mundane bullshit of a disturbingly normal lesbian

Friday, November 03, 2006

Hard Heart

It was a leave Cassie at the vet morning again.

And Kofi was not having it.

It has happened so often lately that he's starting to develop plans to prevent the separation.

This morning they knew something was up. Not getting breakfast is always a dead give away. Then i pick up one leash. They start tumbling over each other. I snap the lead on Cassie. Kofi acts like he doesn't notice and runs to the door ready to go. I manage to get Cass out the door and the door shut with Kofi still in the house.

Of course the barking and the leaping begin immediately. Cassie happily jumps in the car (which never fails to amaze me - we never go anywhere except the vet) and starts scouring the car for food.

I dash back in the house to grab my bag and attempt to squeeze out the door without Kofi. But the little fucker turned his bones into mush, squished himself thru a two inch space and dashed out the door into the street.

God damnit.

He runs around to the other side of the car and looks for a way in. He finally returned to the sidewalk, wagging his whole body and giving me that look that usually gets him whatever he wants. But it didn't work, not this time

I grabbed ahold of his collar and dragged him back in the house. The whole time he had himself bent in half, looking longingly at the car. Like a convicted felon being dragged out of the courtroom looking at his mom for the last time.

But, I made it. I managed to put him in the house, shut the door and drive away. I was proud of myself. I managed to not be manipulated by a little furry 35 lb dog.

Very impressive. Next I'll bring home the Nobel Peace Prize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

RankingBlogs.com :: Defining Your Blogs Worth: TopSites: