Rankingblogs.com: Defining your blogs worth..

shoes in the city

the story of the trials, tribulations and mundane bullshit of a disturbingly normal lesbian

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

heart so soft it's gooey

Just to confirm that I'm a big old, flag wavy, teary eyed push over - i found my self feeling sorry for Kevin Federline.

Which is completely absurd.

First of all, i don't know the guy.

Second, I don't want to know him.

But, here I sit at work. Where I'm bored out of my mind. So, I'm compulsively surfing. And i click over to Gawker for like the seventh time today, and find myself watching the clip from Canadian MTV or whatever the hell it's called. And there is K-Fed, apparently learning of his divorce by text message. And I gotta say - I felt a little bad for the guy.

Yeah, I know that from all appearances he was one hell of a crappy husband. And, if one of my friends was with someone who ran off to Vegas to party three weeks after she gave birth - I'd encourage her to dump their sorry ass too.

But there was something a little heart breaking about watching part of it on video.

However, what's really heart breaking is that my life has descended to such a low, that I am actually avidly following the divorce of Britney Spears. There are good things going on. Things that certainly distract me from the world of gossip. Like the election. Of course that's just gossip with a smidge more significance. I follow the election cycle and politics with the same fervor that i carry to Gawker and Page Six. But right now, all of the things that interest me, challenge me or seem worth paying attention to are outside of my day job.

So, I sit here at my desk, desperately looking for something to keep my overactive mind busy. And i clutch at the closest things: politics and gossip. Perhaps I should spend some time and troll for a website about Nietzsche. At least that might be better for my brain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

RankingBlogs.com :: Defining Your Blogs Worth: TopSites: